Monday, April 20, 2009

I Heart Faces Week 15 (self portrait)

I have always felt more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it. I read a blog last year that talked about loving who you are. It said if you want to wear red lipstick do. Have pictures of you around. Your kids will want to see them and they will always think you are beautiful. My Mom passed away about eight years ago and I have very few photos of her. She hated having her picture taken and was constantly saying she will have our family pictures taken "when she loses ten pounds". So I have vowed to be in pictures if for nothing else than for my posterity. When I was taking these "self portraits" I was laughing so hard. I kept thinking "what if someone could see me, I look silly". I had to post a laughing one. Check out all the rest of the beautiful photographers at I Heart Faces.



15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture of a very lovely woman!! Seriously, you are gorgeous and your smile is quite contagious : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lighting and composition. What a fun, beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photo! I love the processing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your expression. This is a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the smile. you look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome picture! I love the expression, personality and the flowers! It's just so fun! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Congratulations on making into the top ten with your spring photo! Little boys and bubbles make great photo opportunities! My little boy loves bubbles too!

    I really like your self portrait. It's so happy. You are so pretty. Your kids will be glad to have pictures of their mommy one day.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.
    Come visit again if you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I love it! You are beautiful and this picture is so cute. The colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really loved reading through your thoughts...this week has really made me realize that I need to have more photos of myself taken. Just for my kids, if for nothing else.

    Your photo is fun, beautifully taken and processed, and you are gorgeous! Loved "meeting" you this week.

    ~Angie
    co-founder of I ♥ Faces

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Mindi for coming to visit me and my self-portrait. You did a really great job on yours! You've got the prettiest smile.

    BTW: I love your blog's background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love your picture too! I love the lighting and the smile! Thanks for the thoughts too, it is true that we should leave some kind of legacy for our children, I need to be better at having pics of me too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true..I never want my picture taken, but after reading this I think I will try to take more of me or with me in it. Thank you!

    Great picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this. You should definitely get in front of the camera more. I started participating in this carnival - where's mom. It links up on Thursdays. Read more about it here...
    http://ourdailybigtop.blogspot.com/search/label/where's%20mom

    ReplyDelete