Friday, July 24, 2009

Fix it Friday #21 Mr. Handsome


It's Fix it Friday again. I missed last week, but I'm back. This guy really is "Mr. Handsome". Here is the original photo.
When I first looked at this picture, I immediately thought the skin tones were very yellow. So I knew that would be one thing I would work on. So lets get going.
-Opened in Adobe Camera Raw.
Adjusted white balance a bit, added some blacks and brightness.
-Opened in PSE7
Added a Levels layer and lightened the mid tones(grey slider)
Added a Hue/Saturation layer to fix the skin tone some more. I chose to work on the yellows and used the dropper to click on a part of the skin that was really yellow to me. I used the slider to get to a skin tone I liked.
-I gave it an 8x10 crop to really give emphasis on his eyes.
-Ran Coffeeshop Perfect Portrait Action
Bright layer @ 25% opacity
Eye Define Layer: using a 100% opacity white brush I went over eyes and each eyelash.
Bright Eyes layer: using a 10% opacity white brush I went over iris' of eyes to lighten a bit.
Dodge/Burn Layer: using a 5% opacity white brush I lightened under the eyes a bit.
Sharpen Layer: at 34%
All other layers off
Edit # 1

On a copy of Edit #1 I ran Coffeeshop Splendor B/W Action
Contrast Boost layer @ 47% opacity
Purple Tint layer @ 88% opacity
Brownish Tint layer @ 73% opacity
Edit #2

On a copy of Edit #1 I ran Coffeeshop Warm Vintage Action
Turned off vignette layer
Darken Layer @ 75% opacity
Vintage Layer at 67% opacity
Edit #3

On a copy of Edit #1 I ran Coffeeshop Give it Texture Action. This is my favorite way to add texture to photos. As it runs you pick your texture. When it is done, it contains two layer that contain layer masks. One layer you can remove texture from desired areas and on the other layer you can re-add the color from the texture. So I remove texture from the skin and then added back the color from the texture. I then reduced the saturation on the photo.
Edit #4

4 comments:

  1. I like the texture on the last edit. Brings the face out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last one too. Great texture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one's my favorite too! I have PSE7 too...so I'm gonna follow your steps to see if I can duplicate them-love to learn from people who know what they're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crop is GREAT - works really well and I love all 3 conversions and textures...can't choose!

    ReplyDelete