Sunday, July 26, 2009

I heart faces Week 29 Beaches

This weeks theme is beaches. As soon as they announced the theme, I knew the picture. In 2007 my husbands parents took us to Hawaii to spend Christmas. We visited lots of beaches, but this one was the most memorable. It is a black sand beach. The sand feels like really soft little pebbles. It is definitely a place I will never forget. Check out all the beaches here.

33 comments:

  1. Wow! This one really stands out! Love the black sand. The pose and expression are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm thinking top 10 here, for sure! Who else is gonna have black sand and such a great shot? Perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word. That is so cool! Did it feel like walking on regular sand? Or like walking on little rocks? You know what, you don't even have to answer because I have no idea what walking on tiny little rocks would feel like : ). I love how clear your picture is. Great color too! I have always wanted to visit Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is amazing. i have never seen a black sand beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is such an interseting beach! I would love to visit it someday! Your little boy is so precious! He looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the black sand adds so much to this picture. it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I so want to get back to Hawaii some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to this beach, it's on my list of things to do... Love the contrast of the sand and the kiddo, nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats so amazing... Which beach, Which Island.. We have been to Maui, Kauai, and Oahu... But I have never seen a black sand beach, so beautiful.. Would love to know where for my next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great shot - I love his expression! You are so lucky that the sand was cool enough to play in. Anytime I've been on black sand, it was way too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! It does stand out for sure. Very unique and beautiful. We'll be there in January. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this ... the colors are great and the black sand just makes him pop out ... wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like his face a lot and the sand is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that looks cool. I have never seen black sand. He looks like he is enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I have never seen black sand before! Looks very different! And I love the expression on your boys face! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great shot, I love this beach...It's different, I've never seen a black beach...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect! This is so not what I think of when I think of a beach and yet it is perfect!

    What a terrific shot - fabulous colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The black sand really makes this photo stand out from the others. I love the expression on his face too. Good shot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am convinced there is no better place in the world than Hawaii!! It is by far our favorite place to vacation.

    As for your photo - it is breathtaking! The colors are gorgeous and that black sand should really stand out this week! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, I loved seeing the black sand when dh and I went to Hawaii (and of course I loved every other single thing about that place... but that's beside the point :) How my boys would love to play in it... too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...that is beautiful and SO different. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this! very colorful and bold! And the expression, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh I forgot about the beaches there!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it! I remember visiting the black sand beach when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOWSAS!!! What a great beach! I adore his expression.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW that's different! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! What a fantastic shot! The black sand really makes all of the other colors pop! Not to mention, of course how handsome your little man is!
    *Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great shot! I love the fact that there's sand all over him too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! I didn't even know black sand existed...that is cool!

    I think this is my first time to your blog, feel free to stop by and say hello at my blog as well...feel free to follow my blog as well.

    Have a GREAT day! :)

    ReplyDelete