
This weeks theme for i heart faces is "Nostalgia". I took this picture of my son after we made homemade ice cream. As a child my family always made ice cream in the summer, and I was always allowed to lick the beater. I still remember the blue ice cream maker with white stripes and red stars. Get taken back with nostalgic photos here.






This is gorgeous. Love your processing. Homemade icecream is such a childhood memory. Love it!
ReplyDeletegorgeous! I remember making cakes and licking the mixture off. Great memory.
ReplyDeleteGreat picture. It makes me remember we used to visit cousins in the country every Summer and they'd make homemade ice cream! YUM!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful memory and beautiful shot. Love the processing.
ReplyDeleteThis is just such a gorgeous photo - as much for its nostalgia as for the image itself, beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYummy! Now I want some ice cream!
ReplyDeleteLove the photo! :)
OH I LOVE homemade ice cream! Amazing entry - the processing is perfect!
ReplyDeleteYUMMY! What a great photo!
ReplyDeleteYum - that makes me want to bake a cake just so we can all lick the beaters. Love the b&w.
ReplyDeletemandi. i love your processing. it's a gorgeous photo.
ReplyDeletethis photo definitely brings back memories!
ReplyDeleteHi Mandi, I love your photo, the black and white is so pretty, makes his eyelashes really stand out. I also noticed your blog, it seems like you have a blog just like mine for photography and feedback on photos. But, beautiful shot, well done.
ReplyDeleteOH YUM!! I have great childhood-homemade ice cream memories too. Makes me want to go make ice cream.
ReplyDeletethere's nothing better than licking the beaters - unless it's licking the frosting bowl!
ReplyDeletemy photo is posted, too. feel free to come on over and visit anytime :O).
Good one!! I can honestly say this is the first photo that has brought back my own memories, some good - the taste of homemade ice cream, and some bad - the memory of hand-cranking the old style ice cream makers : )
ReplyDeleteGreat entry! It takes me back too! We had an old-fashioned barrel looking ice cream maker. And my mom let us lick the beaters too. Great memory.
ReplyDeleteI love the tones of icy color in this photo! And I love the memory it invokes. Cranking that ice cream maker by hand was a job done out of love, that's for sure! How I would love to have homemade peach ice cream with my grandmother again.
ReplyDeleteGreat processing!
ReplyDeleteLove that this is in b & w!
ReplyDeleteHomemade ice cream...love it. Haven't done this with the kids yet but it's definitely something I want to try with them...and hopefully it will grow into a memory just as special as yours. BTW, so cute...I love when kids want to lick the spoon, bowl, and anything else they can get their hands (mouths) on...great capture.
ReplyDelete