Friday, June 26, 2009

Fix it Friday #18 Sad Little Guy

It's fix it Friday again. Why are pictures of kids with tears so dang cute?!
Here is the original:

My basic workflow is

  1. Run through Noiseware and selected Portrait setting
  2. Opened image in ACR(adobe camera raw). I adjusted exposure, brightness contrast and recovery. The white balance was right on for me.
  3. Opened image in PSE7. Cropped square.
  4. Using clone tool I removed the black mouth on the hat, I found it a bit distracting.
  5. Ran Digital Photography for Mom's Defog Action. Selected A Little Foggy layer at 100% opacity.
  6. Ran Coffeeshop Perfect Portrait Action. Adjusted the levels a bit. Whitened whites with 100% opacity white brush and then adjusted the layer opacity to 40%. Used Eye Define layer, with 100% opacity white brush covered the entire eye and each eyelash. Kept layer at 100% opacity. On Bright eyes layer, I used a 10% opacity white brush on the irises until it was to my liking. I soften skin just a bit. It didn't need a whole lot after being ran through Noiseware. Set the sharpen layer at 60%. Flattened image and that is edit #1.

    Edit #1

Ran Coffeeshop Golden Vintage Action. Turned off the darken layer and set the vintage layer at 59% opacity. Turned on vignette layer at 100%.

Edit #2


Ran Coffeeshop Retro Honey Action. Turned off Dark Burn Layer. Adjusted Light Burn to 28%

Edit #3


Ran Coffeeshop Irish Breakfast Tea Action.
Turned off the soften layer and adjusted the levels in the lighten layer.

Edit #4








12 comments:

  1. Great job. I really love how #2 and #4 turned out. I am just really loving the simple things these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every single one of your fixes Mandi...I really couldn't pick a favorite. Really fabulous job!

    ~Angie
    co-founder of iHeartFaces

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those edits are amazing, I LOVE them all! Terrific work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that 3rd one, I love Coffeeshop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "eye"!
    I'm bookmarking your page. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the second one.. all are realy fantastic!

    God bless-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. all of these are gorgeous!! im saving your page and going to try your edits from what you wrote...LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love them ALL. really love edit #4 and the b&w at the end. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's the link to the texture:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/chromaticaberrations/2279163002/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your fix-it....and it reminds me that I have A TON to learn at the same time. Yikes....there's just SOOOOOO many different things you can do with a photo. Good thing art is subjective...to a point.

    ReplyDelete