Friday, June 19, 2009

Fix it Friday (6/19) Pretty in Pink


It's fix it Friday at I Heart Faces . Oh this picture makes me want to have a little girl. I love pink.
So here is the original.
First I ran it through Noiseware, isn't it crazy the difference this makes! (picture below just has only been ran through Noiseware) I thought I would add... I used the FREE community version of Noiseware. It is a stand alone and not a plug in, but its FREE!

  1. Opened in Adobe Camera Raw
  2. Adjusted fill light, blacks, contrast, lightened exposure, and adjusted the white balance.
  3. Opened in PSE7
  4. Ran Digital Photography for Moms Defog Action. Used Lightest Defog Layer at 100% opacity.
  5. Ran Coffeeshop Perfect Portrait Action, adjusted levels, activated Color Pop layer and using the layer mask I removed the pop from the skin. Whitened whites of eyes using a 100% opacity white brush and then adjusted the opacity of the layer to 52%. Used Eye Define layer to define eyes at 100% opacity. Softened skin using 15% opacity white brush.
    My littlest guy gets the creases under his eyes when he smiles also. I have learned my lesson by removing them. He just looked weird. So I used the dodge/burn layer and made my soft brush just small enough to fit in the creases and set it to 5% opacity and lightened up the crease just a bit. Set the vignette layer to 100% and then masked out the skin. Set the sharpen layer to 43% opacity and her is my first edit.

#1


On a duplicate of #1 I ran Coffeeshop Pink Glow Action. I turned off the contrast pop layer, set pink glow layer to 14%, set color mute layer to 37%, and soft haze layer to 38%.

#2


On a duplicate of #1 I ran Coffeeshop's new action Vintage News
I turned off the soft glow layer, adjusted Newsprint layer to 16%, BW layer at 100%, Colortint at 100% and Antique tint at 22%.

#3


On a duplicate of #1 I ran Coffeeshop Vivid 2 Action. I turned off all the layers except for the Urban layer which I set at 72%.

#4










10 comments:

  1. Okay, you totally taught me something new. I had no idea noiseware could be used in Elements. The change that made is incredible! I would have loved that for fix-it #16. :) Now, I'm going to have to cough up some money for it. It looks totally worth it, though. If you get a chance, could you let me know if you bought the standard or professional version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you need to teach a class. I have no idea how to use layers yet, and can't believe you know how to do all of these cool tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had just left a comment on someone else's blog asking what coffeeshop was.. thank you for including links in your posts! I'm going to check out that noiseware too! That was great. Good edits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are great. I really like the contrast on the flowers in your colored photos. I like the 2nd and 4th the most

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great edits! I think the second one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great edits! I like the first edit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first edit is such a colorful crisp edit. I love it. Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had to drop by again to say a big THANK YOU. I downloaded the noiseware software and it is awesome! I had no idea there was a free version out there. This is the best find I've had in a long time. Thanks for mentioning it in your fix! :)

    ReplyDelete