Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Heart Faces Week 24 (Lets' Hear it for the Boys!)

It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
Pope John XXIII


These week's them at I heart faces, is "Let's hear it for the Boys". The pictures have to be of guys. Check out all the hunky guys by pressing the button below.

Kids Entry

I took pictures of my kiddos in my husband's church clothes this week as a surprise for him for Father's Day. This was probably my favorite one. My husband is truly a wonderful father. He works full time, is going back to school and has a time consuming job at our church. Some how he always finds time to laugh, play and love with our children! So Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there!


Adults Entry

I had to submit a picture of my Dad for the adults entry. He is such and inspirational man. I am so lucky that he is my Dad. He has been through so many trials in his life - taking care of my sick mother for 12 years, the death of my mother at 49 years old, numerous heart attacks and triple bipass surgery, diabetes, cancer, and complications from back surgery. Yet he continues to smile and endure life well. I love you Dad!

24 comments:

  1. Aww, both of those are great!

    Mine is listed here :) http://twobsandme.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-faces-week-24-lets-hear-it-for-boys.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your entry of your dad--maybe it's the story behind it? I can see that he's been through so much in his life. What an inspiration. Great shot, love that color, and you are blessed to have a dad like him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that 1st pic - what a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which picture I like best, they're both great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love, love, love your pictures. Your son is too cute in that shirt and tie. SO adorable! GREAT idea for a picture! And your Dad, well I love his face. His smile is warm and wonderful! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kid entry is precious, but the picture of your father is priceless. I absolutely love the look of joy on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots! Adore the kids entry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the photo of your son shows a lot of fun. and i like the story about your dad. inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are terrific!! What a great idea having your boys dress up in daddy's clothes! I love that one!

    :)
    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both pictures! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First photo is adorable but the second one, with the story behind it, is very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You could be describing my dad there. (except for the taking care of my mother part) He had triple bypass, colon cancer, diabetes, kidney failure...you name it. Because of him, I get to pretty much check the entire sheet at doctor's appointments. :) It's wonderful to have such a great father. I'm so sorry you lost your mother at such a young age. I can't even imagine.

    On to a lighter note...you son looks so cute in his daddy's clothes. What a great idea for a Father's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great Dad you have. I always appreciate the photo more when I know a bit of the story behind it.

    Cute little guy you have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos....love kids in dress ups...Your Dad looks soo happy! what an inspiration for all that he has been through...I can tell you love him very much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both such great photos! A great idea for a picture with the little boy...and I love your dad's expression. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey mandi - cute pics. that is a great idea. i'm sure your hubby loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think that your kids entry could get any cuter. great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! Thanks for your comment on my blog! LOVE the idea of having your son in your hubby's clothes...at least, that's what I'm assuming it is. :) Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a clever idea for a photo shoot, using your husband's clothing! The result is marvelous. And the tribute to your father is a beautiful as the picture.

    ReplyDelete